Tips for trips
Favourable location of our hotel in borderland of 3 neighbouring countries in Central Europe (Czech Republic, Germany, Poland) provides many possibilities to go for trips and excursions as well as many kinds of sports activities including excitements, cultural events and entertainment. The surrounding areas of Lausatian mountains/Zittauer Gebirge, Bohemian-Saxonian Switzerland and Šluknov region have all of that you look for your holiday:
- hills/peaks enabling fascinating views on the surrounding landscape with numerous outlook-towers
- deep forests, rivers with romantic valleys (Elbe,Nisa, Kamenice)
- splendid towns with many architectural jewels, monuments, squares and other places of interest
- numerous sights and historical monuments (castles, chateuas, monasteries,churches and chaples, other technical sights)
- museums and exhibitions
- well preserved timbered and half-timbered houses, buildings and cottages representing building style of original inhabitants (Czechs, lausatian Sorbs, Polish) as well as German settlers.
You find good-quality and dense network of cycling paths, pathways for walking and hiking, many sports grounds, stadiums and facilities for various kinds of sports arts (both summer and wi nter ones) and entertainment.
The recommended excursions/trips and other possibilities could be split up as follows:
- city tours, cultural and historical monuments
- trips in nature
- active life-style (sports, entertainment)
- family holioday, activities with and for children
For trips and excursions please explore following tips:
- Prague, Dresden and other towns on Elbe river in the Czech Republic and Germany
- Historical Upper Lausatian and Northern Bohemian towns (Liberec)
- National parks and protected landscape areas (Bohemian-Saxonian Switzerland, Lausatian mountains, Bohemian Middle mountains, popular area „Bohemian Paradise“)
- Castles, chateaus in the Northern Bohemia/surrounding Saxonia, monasteries and churches („via Sacra“), museums and technical sights
- cycling and hiking in Varnsdorf and surrounding
- bathing and summer sports and excitements
- winter sports (downhill and cross-country skiing, sledging, skating)
- and last but not least:.......something for children (ZOO parks, aquaparks, bathing and swimming pools, sledge-tracks and other attractions for entertainment of children)
Distance and time to reach some of below stated targets of trips/excursions from our hotel:
|Prague (Praha) || 110 || 2:10|
|Liberec || 40 || 0:45|
|Karlovy Vary || 174 || 3:29|
|Kutná Hora || 135 || 2:39|
|Dresden (Ger.) || 80 || 1:05|
|Bautzen (Ger.) || 40 || 0:52|
|Zittau (Ger.) || 14 || 0:22|
|Görlitz (Ger.) || 46 || 1:12|
|Königstein (Ger.) || 52 || 1:18|
|Meißen (Ger.) || 122 || 1:42|
|Löbau (Ger.) || 25 || 0:40|
|Sebnitz - aquapark (Ger.) || 35 || 1:05|
|Potsdam - castle Sansoucci (Ger.)|| 247 || 3:55|
|Berlin (Ger.) || 238 || 3:24|
|Wroclaw (Pol.) || 207 || 4:95|
Cycling and Hiking in Varnsdorf and surrounding
Thanks to its central position in the whole area Varnsdorf represents an ideal starting point for cycling tours and one-day trips of various lengths and difficulties. These are both leight and easier ways as well as very demanding ways with difficult profiles in near hills and peaks.
Bathing, summer sports and excitements
During summer season you can go in for a large range of your favourite activities. There are aquaparks, swimminmg pools, bathing pools as well as sports facilities and stadiums in Varnsdorf and surrounding towns and villages.
Lausatian mountains do not belong to the highest ones in the Czech Republic, though there is wide range of possibilities for winter sports and activities.
We are convinced that you make a good selection from the above-mentioned options.
We wish you nice entertainment !
Enjoy your stay !